Western Caribbean (7 night) SERVICE Cruise
At a Glance
- Tour Dates: March 14-22, 2015
- Tour Destinations: Cozumel, Mexico Belize City, Belize Roatan, Honduras
- Service Projects: Building an orphanage, Teaching educational games that stimulate growth, School grounds maintenance, and Hospital visits.
- Cruise Ship: Norwegian, JEWEL
- Age of volunteers: 18 years and older (under 18 is welcome but must be accompanid with adult)
- Cost: Each volunteer or participant will pay the Cruise fee which is set by the Cruise Line (consult with Winifred, our affiliate at Gone Tomorrow Travel) and then $489 to cover all other costs associated with the service shore excursions and to become a SERVICE CRUISE HUMANITARIAN! This fee covers all provisions connected with providing each volunteer with an unforgettable service experience in every cruise port in each of the countries. It includes all transportation to and from the service location, service materials, lunch, t-shirt, access to our on board activities, a service journal, etc. Price of flights and cruise vary and will depend on the time of booking. After registering, you will be given the current price of the cruise and flight. (For questions on current Cruise prices contact Ryan at Ryan@reviveservicetours.com or 435-979-7797)
To Do Before the Tour
- Register for this SERVICE CRUISE!
- Book Flight (optional): Houston, Texas (Code: IAH or HOU) REVIVE will help booking flights if desired.
- Book The CRUISE: After you’ve registered, REVIVE will book your cruise! This allows discounts, promotions, and great on board benefits. All booking is done through Gone Tomorrow Travel
- Visa: (Not required)
At the three ports of call in Roatan, Honduras, Belize City, Belize, and Cozumel, Mexico we’ll spend the day providing meaningful service. We’ll be working with, and for, the locals in eliminating some of the problems in education, health, stability, and economy.
Day to Day ITINERARY:
Prep Day : FLY to HOUSTON, TX (optional)
Today we all make our way to Houston, Texas and overnight.
Day 1 : EXPLORE THE JEWEL!
We will meet at Houston’s Cruise Port and start our first day. We will board and explore the beautiful Norwegian Jewel. This massive ship will be our home away from home for the next 7 days. Enjoy exploring the various features of the Cruise Ship; pools, dining and food opportunities, chapel, study areas, spa, theaters, etc. Don’t miss out on all the welcome aboard festivities and events.
Day 2: SERVICE PREP and R&R
Today is a relaxing and important day of preparation for us. There are several activities and opportunities provided today by the Norwegian Jewel staff and we will also enjoy some time together as a group preparing for our service in Cozumel. For those interested in a Worship Service there will be an opportunity in the Chapel on board the ship (specific details still forthcoming). Apart from our group Revive Service Group Meetings today there will be ample time to relax and enjoy some R&R time along with all the other joys associated with Cruise ship travel.
Day 3: COZUMEL, MEXICO
Today is our first full day of service in Cozumel, Mexico. We will de-boat and have a little shopping time as we are securing our transportation to our service locations. We will be have the opportunity to bless and work with 3 organizations today; Siudad de Angeles (City of Angels) Orphanage, Hogar Juan Pablo II Old Folks Home, and the VIF School. We will enjoy a relaxing evening on board the Norwegian Jewel.
Day 4: BELIZE SERVICE & RUINS
Today is a full day in Belize! The port in Belize requires a boat tender to reach the shore. This is all part of the fun! Once we are all in the port we will meet and be introduced to our Tour Guide for the day. He will lead us to our service destination located in the Carmelita Village as well as to one of the most impressive destination sites in Belize. The Lamoni ruin excursion today not only showcases many of the beauties and wonders of Belize, but it also has significance to those of the LDS faith. This will be a fantastic day seeing the sights and sounds of Belize as well as providing service to a local school.
Day 5: ROATAN, HONDURAS
Revive has two beautiful orphanages in Roatan and both are in need or your help! We’ll be providing basic maintenance and interacting with the children. We’ll finish our shore experience at Gumbalimba Park, a one-day destination dream. We’ll have the option to; become acquainted with monkeys and parrots in a natural setting, tour the history of the island, ride a zipline through the jungle canopy, explore the wildlife down under while breathing underwater, kayak the picturesque shoreline, eat at a poolside cafe, and just hang out in a hammock or lounge chair on the beach! (some of those activities require additional fees). From treetops to sea chests there are adventures that abound! This evening we will enjoy another relaxing evening on the Jewel.
Day 7: SEA DAY on JEWEL
After three straight days of shore explorations and service the last two days of our tour will be welcomed days of rest and recovery on board our cruise ship! Other than an optional educational class that we sponsor, you will be able to enjoy all the amenities and activities provided for your pleasure by the Norwegian Cruise staff. Enjoy exercise in the fitness center, reading in the quiet areas of the boat, swimming, bingo, spa treatments, classes, games, rest, casino, or whatever your heart desires as we make our way back to the United States.
Day 8: FINAL SEA DAY
Today we enjoy our final day on board the Jewel! In the morning we will enjoy a concluding Revive Service Group Meeting and in the afternoon we will sponsor an optional study session. The rest of the time we will all participate in all that the cruise ship has to offer on its final sea day. Enjoy the contests, classes, entertainment, and relaxation for one final day before returning home to your lives at home!
Day 9: RETURN TO OUR HOMES
Today we disembark the Jewel for the last time and make our way to the airport. We will all make our way to our various destinations and homes! It is really good to be you!
Your Package includes:
Shipboard accommodations, ocean transportation, fabulous entertainment and daily activities, on-board meals, port charges, transportation to and from service activities, Service activity materials, and lunch on both of our service days.
Your Package does not Include:
Additional shore excursions other than our three ports of service. Does not include gratuities, personal expenses, or alcoholic beverages.
Sign Up TODAY